Profile 1: Mrs. Cherisse Forde, Editor

Mrs. Cherisse Forde, Editor
This young woman possesses a bubbly personality that puts you at ease when you meet her. She truly believes in excellence and holds herself to a high standard as an editor.  
Her clients appreciate her work too, this is a message sent by one of her clients recently, "Thank you to my editor Cherisse Forde for putting up with my crazy self and all my specifications. The debates and laughs in between have made the journey enjoyable. Thank you for input and advice as well. Being A Virgin Isn't Enough would not be complete without you. Blessings to you, girl. Love you! People, if you need that book edited. She DA ONE."

Let's get into the mind of Mrs. Forde.
1.   Describe yourself in no more than three sentences, one if it is possible.
A dedicated, honest editor who values her clients, not only their work.


2.   Who or What is your greatest motivation?
Working from home; the joy of being with my kids and still having a paid job is indescribable.

3.   Share with us what your business is about?
I edit writing material; anything written I am able to proof read and correct. I look at spelling, grammar, punctuation, flow and just about anything else the client requests.

4.   What is the main factor that got you involved or led you into business/entrepreneurship?
I did editing for persons for free before but one author told me I am so good at it I can be paid so I ventured out. She helped me along the way and it just blossomed from there.

5.   How critical is creativity in the running of your business?
There is little room for creativity for me since I go according to my clients’ orders but I do have the opportunity to make suggestions that will enhance the authors’ work.

6.   Do you think that your experience is different in any way than a male in the same type of business? Please explain.
I do not believe there would be any difference for a male editor apart from the unique personality and work ethic of the individual. The gender should not make a difference in fact.

7.   What is your number 1 business principle?
Serve excellently!

8.   List three things you just can’t go without?
Jesus, time, my computer.

9.   What is the hardest lesson learnt in business so far?
Being a perfectionist sucks at times

10. Is there any advice you would like to share to other young women hoping to start or just starting out in business?
Whatever you love and do well, go for it! Taking risks is an integral part of life. If it doesn’t work out try something else you love and do well. Cover every endeavor in prayer and trust God for the rest!


Bonus Question: “What, in your opinion, is the best thing about being female?”
Being a natural life giver. I give life to people, situations, environments, etc. and I love it!
Editor Cherisse Forde's contact information:

Hope you were inspired. Drop a note in the comments to give encouragement to Mrs. Forde or ask her a question.  

Comments

  1. Inspiring.. do what you love.
    Read, write, educate, empower

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile 15 Fabulous Female - Mrs. Elene Charles Jones, Business Manager/Certified Travel Agent

Profile 26 Fabulous Female - Melinda Belle, Caribbean Lifestyle Brand Star

Profile 24 Fabulous Female - Victoria, Business Owner and Strategist