I missed you all and am looking forward to interacting on a more regular basis with you. In my time away, its been all over the news that women are being financially and physically abused. Many are afraid to leave some of their circumstances due to a lack of financial independence.
Too many women in the Caribbean don't have access to financial education and support. Women of Business has decided to share some financial advice given to us by some of our Fabulous Females. We hope that you are encouraged to keep keeping on. #empowerment #domesticabuseisnotok #keepyourmoneyhoney #earnyourmoneyhoney #womenofbusiness
Women of Business, Caribbean
What is the best piece of financial advice you ever got? Answers by Fabulous Females
1. “Your salary should be the seed to start your business’’ from Apostle Vivian Duncan. - Peridot Webster-Steele of Peri's Plus, Trinidad and Tobago. Read more of her story here.
2. "Diversify your portfolio. Don't ever put all your eggs in one basket." - Donnalisa Phillips of FACES by Donnalisa , Trinidad and Tobago. Learn more about Donnalisa here.
3. "The best piece of financial advice given to me was to never spend all of [my] money, always remember to save 10 % of [my] earnings, it adds up over time. - Nailah
John-Prince of Kitaamba Fabrics, Canada & St.Vincent and the Grenadines. Learn of Nailah's business journey here.
|Image from lawofattraction4u.org|
4. "The best piece of financial advice I have ever received was that my financial health is just as important as your overall health." - Ophelia Myall, author and blogger at cupidandi.com, St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Read more from Ophelia here.
5. "I have a few to share a. Jug fills drop by drop and (b) Earn as much as you can. Save as much as you can. Invest as much as you can. Give as much as you can." - Ruth Johnson, CEO of Ultra Corporate Events, Guyana. Read Ruth's interview here.
Do you have any financial tips you'd like to share with us? Please do so in the comment section. We would love to learn! Let us empower one another!