Profile 7: Tramaine Harrison, Vocal Coach

Trinidadian, Tramaine Harrison is an experienced vocalist who has taken her love and passion for all things musical to the next level of vocal coaching.  

Read on for insight on her journey.


1.  Describe yourself in no more than three sentences, one if it is possible.
 
I am a wife, mother of one son, daughter and sister. I am a recording artist, actress, choir director, praise and worship leader and certified in Radio Broadcasting and Makeup Artistry. I LOVE JESUS.

2.  Share with us what your business is about?Soul Sessions Vocal Tech is a Vocal Training Academy, catering to Choirs, Praise & Worship Teams, Groups and Soloist. Training them in proper vocal health and techniques and also helping to prepare them for effective Music Ministry.



3.  What is the main factor that got you involved or led you into business/entrepreneurship?
 I have been involved in Music Ministry in terms of singing, from my childhood and began training groups, praise and worship teams and choirs in my teens. I grew up 'under the influence' of Gospel Music and will always be grateful and indebted to my parents for that.  I believe that fact helped me develop a keen musical ear, where voices are concerned. In 2011, my husband and I, set out on a journey and opened the Soul Sessions Band Room in Arima Trinidad. Soul Sessions Vocal Tech is the Vocal training arm of that establishment. My husband's confidence in my ability as well as encouragement from other close friends involved in music ministry ushered me into this aspect of my life's work.
4.  What is your number 1 business principle? My #1 business principle is to MAKE SURE THAT STUDENTS LEAVE EACH SESSIONS FEELING REFRESHED, CONFIDENT IN THEMSELVES AND SAYING TO THEMSELVES "I CAN DO THIS!"


5.  How critical is creativity in the running of your business?There are MANY people in Trinidad and Tobago who offer Vocal Training services. CREATIVITY and INDIVIDUALITY are KEY! It is extremely important to respect each other's contributions and at the same time, understand, appreciate and cultivate, what makes you UNIQUE. Everyone is different in their approach. There is someone out there that needs YOUR approach. 

6.  What is the hardest lesson learnt in business so far? I have had to learn that people will be people. People's commitment levels are different across the board. I've got to do what I've got to do!
7.   Do you think that your experience is different in any way than a male in the same type of business? Please explain.As a woman in business, especially this type of business, making sure that you receive the respect that is due to you is so important. There is a certain level of discipline and order that comes with a man in music ministry. For example, A male Choir Director will experience different re-actions from his choir than that of a female Choir Director. I believe a woman has to be very mindful of her approach. I have trained entire male singing groups and have had to learn how to be assertive as a opposed to 'bossy'. This can be an extreme turn off and you DO NOT want to leave a bad taste in the mouth of your clientele. 

8.  List three things you just can’t go without?
 
I
can't go without my family, GOSPEL MUSIC and a great laugh. I love to laugh, extremely loudly.


9.  Who or What is your greatest motivation?My Family and Music are my greatest motivations.

10.  Is there any advice you would like to share to other young women hoping to start or just starting out in business?I would encourage other young women to literally PUT GOD FIRST. Give him your Time, Treasure and Talent. Dedicate your dreams to Him, He will bless them. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND THE GIFTING THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU. 


Bonus Question: “What, in your opinion, is the best thing about being female?” 
Being a female is AWESOME. We get to change up our appearance. Have fun with clothing, accessories, hair, makeup and we get to carry and nurture generations. Its amazing. 



Contact Info:
Email :      soulsessionsvocaltech@gmail.com
Phone:     1- 868-490-6452
Address: No. 6, Edward St., Arima Old Road, Arima
Facebook: SoulSessionsVocalTech 

If you enjoyed this article, don't be shy to leave a comment.  Say something encouraging to this week feature.

Comments

  1. Excellent article...continued success to you Tramaine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile 15 Fabulous Female - Mrs. Elene Charles Jones, Business Manager/Certified Travel Agent

Profile 26 Fabulous Female - Melinda Belle, Caribbean Lifestyle Brand Star

Profile 24 Fabulous Female - Victoria, Business Owner and Strategist