New Journey

Hey Women of Business,

Long time no blog, long time no see. It's my birthday today!!! In honour of my 33rd year on this earth, I want to share that I've gone through two major changes, a mental/emotional one, and a physical change.  Last year I was diagnosed with a serious skin disease (Lichens Planus) that changed my physical appearance and am just now recovering but my confidence has not been higher in ages. It's been tough, but thank God I'm making it! :) My mindset has changed towards money and this blog will now incorporate the things I've been learning about it.  I've come to realize that there are laws and principles to getting, keeping and managing money.  So I adjusted the blog's name to Women of Business, Caribbean. Women of Business, Caribbean will continue to feature fabulous and fearless Caribbean women in business, but also seek to empower women to better understand their finances in relation to their faith and family life.


I have made it my mission to educate myself on financial matters and I'm still on the journey to understanding. One of the things I learned is that we women belong to the social group with the greatest level of exclusion regarding the matter of money.  My experience as a Caribbean woman informs me that we are the ones that bear the brunt of taking care of the business of our lives (we manage the house and everything in it)!

The path I've taken to learn about and grow wealth includes a conviction to share all that I've been learning with you.  Here are my top 5 reasons why I'm on this journey;

1. I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck.
Common' that last week before the month end rolls in? It's is pure stress!! This sister doesn't need stress in her life, I've got a good man, four beautiful children, and a blessed life I want to live to enjoy.
2. I want the freedom to give generously.  Do you know that in Matthew 6:14, Jesus Christ referred to giving as a 'When' thing? For those of you that believe like I do, giving isn't a suggestion, it's an expectation of us by our Lord.
3. I believe in education and financial education is lacking in our islands. I truly believe knowledge is power.  People perish for the lack of it according to Hosea 4:6.  There is a co-relation to our Caribbean people struggling financially and our lack of financial education. It's not widely taught in our families, schools or even our churches.
4. I want better for my children and family.  Look, my husband and I intend to ensure our children and their children would be better off than us, look at Proverbs 13:22.  I'm also looking forward to the day when I can give my mother and father (and other family members who may be in need) a well-deserved break from their own financial battles.
5. I want to home school my children...whether I home school for free or not, money is necessary! Ha!  This is a very personal thing that I'm putting out there. I genuinely feel called to do this and look forward to the time when I am financially able to do so with a peace of mind about my decision.

Do you want to be empowered in your finances? Would you join me on my wealth growing journey? Get a book, a sheet of paper or phone and record your top 5 reasons why who want to learn more about personal finances and wealth. Your WHY is important.

Subscribe to the Women of Business, Caribbean blog and let's journey together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile 15 Fabulous Female - Mrs. Elene Charles Jones, Business Manager/Certified Travel Agent

Profile 26 Fabulous Female - Melinda Belle, Caribbean Lifestyle Brand Star

Profile 24 Fabulous Female - Victoria, Business Owner and Strategist