Profile 21 Fabulous Female - Loreena De Cunha, Guyana's AWE Special Feature

When Ruth Johnson, a previously featured Fabulous Female,  told me about the Guyanese Association of Women Entrepreneurs I was thrilled to know such a group was created to serve women in business. Then she shared about their special promotion for the members where she hoped three selected ladies will, among other things, be featured in the Women of Business, Caribbean.  Of course, I was honoured to get an opportunity to hear and share their stories.  The first of the three fabulous females is Mrs. Loreena De Cunha.  Her sheer drive is inspiring and I truly believe our readers will appreciate what she has to say.


1.     Describe yourself in no more than three sentences, one if it is possible.
Motivated and driven are two words I use to describe myself. I commit to efficiency and being innovative in all my endeavours.

2.     Who or What is your greatest motivation?
My Mom (may her soul rest in peace) and my husband.

3.     Share with us what your business is about?
Computing Core is a software company that provides customized Software solutions for medium to large businesses.

4.     What is the main factor that got you involved or led you into business/entrepreneurship?
My husband’s love for programming and my love for Inventory Management.

5.     How critical is creativity in the running of your business?
We tailor all our solutions to match our clients’ needs. To solve their problems and challenges, we must be creative and innovative when designing and implementing these solutions.

6.     Do you think that your experience is different in any way than a male in the same type of business? Please explain.
No, I don’t. I am an Inventory Manager handling purchasing and inventory for several stores. I also assist new clients with the implementation of our inventory management software. I have several members on my team who are dedicated and respect me as their Team Leader.

7.     What is your number 1 business principle?
Transparency in everything I do.

8.     List three things you just can’t go without?
My smartphone, some really nice shoes and a stack of business cards in my purse.

9.     What is the hardest lesson learned in business so far?
The results of marketing are not instantaneous unless you get really lucky.

10. Is there any advice you would like to share with other young women hoping to start or just starting out in business?
Benjamin Franklin said 'By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.' Education, determination, and innovation are key elements of success. Always be prepared.

11. Bonus Question: “What, in your opinion, is the best thing about being female?”
Proving the naysayers wrong; those who say you can’t get it done because you’re a woman.
......................................................................................................................................

For our Guyanese readers who may be interested in the AWE, please check their Facebook page: Association of Women Entrepreneurs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile 15 Fabulous Female - Mrs. Elene Charles Jones, Business Manager/Certified Travel Agent

Profile 26 Fabulous Female - Melinda Belle, Caribbean Lifestyle Brand Star

Profile 23 Fabulous Female - Dr Marcia Brandon, Social Entrepreneur